The staff at Connerton Elementary School welcomes you and your family to the 2016-2017 School Year. We are committed to doing all we can to make this school year a successful experience for every student. We firmly believe that a home/school partnership is necessary for the success of all of our students. Learning is not an easy process! It involves sharing ideas, making mistakes, and attempting new experiences. Learning involves hard work by everyone, the teacher, the parent, the principal, but most importantly the student.
At Connerton, we value and challenge each student and provide opportunities for success. Instruction is based on the Common Core Standards. We also focus on the district’s mission which is to help students reach their highest potential, which include equipping our students to be collaborative workers, self- directed learners, participants in society, information processors, effective communicators, and complex thinkers. Our students’ success is the center of all we do.
Research and experience shows us that a parent’s/guardian’s involvement in a child’s education is directly related to his/her success in school. To maximize your child’s success, emphasize the importance of education through the following:
- Ensure that your child is at school on time each day.
- Attend parent/teacher conferences and school events.
- Monitor your child’s homework daily.
- Expect and support positive behavior at school.
- Read with your child or encourage your child to read daily.In addition, there are numerous volunteer opportunities in which we welcome you to become involved. Please stop by and visit us and learn more about volunteering and getting involved. Volunteers make a tremendous positive impact and enrich our educational program. I look forward to partnering with you to make this an exciting and successful year for our students. Thank you in advance for your support and commitment. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at (813) 346-1800 or email@example.com.
E. John Abernathy Principal